Who we are
UK Plumbing Supplies Ltd Plumbstore PHS is incorporated in the United Kingdom with company number 02723962 and a registered office at Quayside 2A, Wilderspool Park, Greenalls Avenue, Stockton Heath, Cheshire WA4 6HL
For the purposes of data protection the Company is a Data Controller.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The purpose of this Policy is to explain how we collect, use and secure personal information.
What Information do we collect and how is it collected?
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
We collect and process PII limited to information necessary to achieve one or more legitimate business purposes as described in this Policy. PII may include:
- Basic information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address
- Information that you provide to us when opening a credit account
- Information that you provide to us when purchasing products from us
- Information that you provide to us by completing forms including those on our website
- Information you have provided in respect of a job advertisement
- Records of any correspondence in the event that you contact us
- Details of your visits to our sites and the resources you access
Except where you provide your PII to us in accordance with the above, we will not collect it without first asking you for it.
Information that we acquire indirectly
We may collect information about your device including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may gather certain information about your use of our sites, such as information about your visit, interaction with our content and analytical, behavioural and log data.
One of the ways in which we collect this information is through tracking technologies such as cookies. Cookies are small text files containing information that is stored on your device. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return to our site
Most web browsers allow users to exercise control over which cookies are processed through adjustments to the settings built into them. For information on changing these settings, please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
How is your Information used?
We use the information that we collect about you to:
- Provide you with products, services, publications, and information that you request, access, or which may be of interest to you
- Deliver or display content that matches your business interests and responsibilities
- Contact you with information about, and invitations for, products and services from us directed to your business interests and responsibilities
- Communicate with, advertise to or invite you to join us on social media platforms on which you participate
Unless you have told us not to, we will send you marketing information relating to products and services that we think will be of interest and relevant to you. If you no longer wish to receive these communications you can tell us at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
Why do we collect your Information?
We collect information about you in order to improve our business relationship with you and to offer you opportunities to obtain our products and services relevant to your business interests. Collecting this information helps us tailor our products and services to you and therefore communicate with you more effectively. We are aware that many of our Customers make use of a range of media channels so we may also provide a mechanism through which you can express preferences about how you want us to communicate with you. Finally, collecting your information makes it possible to operate our business more effectively.
What is the Legal Basis for the Processing of PII?
We rely upon consent, necessity for contract and legitimate business interests for processing PII.
It is in our interest as a business to enhance the services that we provide which may include processing your information to enable us to:
- Respond to enquiries and to fulfil customer requests
- Send customers or potential customers relevant marketing information and offers
- Complete transactions
- Administer your credit account
- Provide customer service
- Send administrative information
- Personalise users’ experiences on our websites
- Do so where we are required to by law
We may also process PII when it is in our or your legitimate interests to do so and when these interests are not overridden by an individual’s data protection rights.
Who do we share your Information with?
We may disclose your PII to any company in our group, which means our subsidiaries or our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (as amended).
We share your PII with third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your PII in order to comply with any legal obligation
- When they are hired by us or hired on our behalf. These companies – our suppliers – are contractually bound to use personal information we share with them only to perform the services we have hired them to provide
- To protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our customers or others
We will retain the PII that you provide while you remain a customer of ours or as needed to provide you with products and services.
We will not retain PII about you for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was originally collected.
We may retain your PII after you have cancelled any contract with us if retention is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this Policy and our Terms of Business. We may also retain PII for a limited period of time if requested by law enforcement agencies.
If you would like more information about how long we retain your information please contact us using the contact details below.
How do we Store and Secure Your Information?
We take the security of the data that we collect very seriously. We have implemented technical, organisational and administrative measures which are generally accepted to protect the PII in our possession and of the third parties who act on our behalf.
By providing your PII you agree to us storing or processing it. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Most of the PII we hold will be used and stored in the UK. However, we may transfer your information overseas, including outside of the EU, where our suppliers or data processors have operations there. In these cases we will only transfer your information where lawfully permitted.
Access to Information, Opting Out and Your Privacy Rights
You have the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict, transfer, or object to the use of your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have questions regarding this policy or how we use your information, please contact us using the details below.
You may change or update the information that we hold about you at any time and as often as necessary. In the first instance, you should submit a request for a copy of your information in our possession by contacting us using the details below. We will respond to all such requests without undue delay, and in accordance with the provisions of data protection regulations.
If you would like to understand more about your rights or do not believe that we have responded to your complaint appropriately or in a timely manner you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk
The Company reserves the right to modify or amend this Policy from time to time. If we change our Policy, we will post those changes on this page. For these reasons, we encourage you to read this Policy regularly.
Your continued use of our website or accessing content posted on the Website shall constitute your acceptance of the modified Policy.